Thursday, February 26, 2009

Cheap Chic: What to Wear in Cabo Wabo

Confessions of a Shopaholic. Story. Of. My. Life. What a fantastically inspiring and appropriate story. I feel as though Rebecca Bloomwood and I are such kindred spirits. I too, surrender to impulse buys, succumb to a purchase because I feel sorry for a salesperson, and spend more than I have. I even experienced mannequins speaking to me after I saw this major motion film. The ones in Forever 21 stood on top of display tables and gestured towards the piles of picked through trendy merchandise and said, "See the mess I have to put up with? I can barely see my feet through the rummaged little mounds." The ones in Barneys New York CO-OP stood tall with their artificial noses stuck high in the air as they chuckled degradingly down at me and said, "Look around all you want. Just don't touch anything because all of my clothes are a bit too rich for your blood." And then under her breath, "Try Forever 21."

Besides convincing me that plastic, wooden, and wax women without ears or movable joints can speak, this film was a completely positive experience. It was jam packed with fabulous fashion eye candy. One costume element really stood out for this upcoming Spring season. It is the bright statement necklace.

If you're planning on taking a little vaca to warm weather and palms this spring or packing up your printed swimsuits and short-all jumpers for a week-long party in Cabo Wabo, you'll need a statement necklace for your spring fling, just like this one that Rebecca Bloomwood wears when she visits sunny Miami.


The featured Betsey Johnson collar is (sigh) just about all sold out on eBay and BJ's website. Rebecca's anchor necklace was paired with a crisp white blazer, to maximize its standout potential.  

I scoped out some sunny equivalents at local discount stores for your shopping pleasure. This Erickson Beamon for Target 36" Red Seed Bead Lobster Pendant Necklace is only $39.99.

Why I love it: Look at those little baby crystal peepers! I dare you not to smile at the playful details. The Sebastian to your Cabo Wabo Ariel.

This Haskell necklace is sold at Loehmann's for only $16.97.

Why I love it: The blue and green are reminiscent of a Grecian skyline and will really pop against white fabric as well as a bronzed bosom. The flower shape totally reminds me of the floral print Marc Jacobs consistently splashes across canvas bags, metallic jewels, and feminine frocks.




Happy hunting for your newest Spring statement piece and don't forget the SPF! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Im selling the necklace on ebay right now, if you still want it! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=220392224555. :)