Monday, February 9, 2009

Spotted: Ugly Betty's Jacket in My Closet...Yikes




Uh oh. I was just catching up on last Thursday's episode of Ugly Betty when I happened to alarmingly notice that Betty was sporting the same H&M tweed jacket that I had just purchased recently on sale in Walnut Creek.

I rewound the scene three of four times and darted my eyes between my computer screen and the multicolor tweed left sleeve that was hung so neatly and proudly in my closet. The bright red sale "$30" ticket still attached. 

I panicked. No one wants to see their clothes on a character referred to as UGLY Betty. That's not a good sign. It's great when you notice a celebrity wearing the same Jessica Elliot gold wishbone necklace that dangles gracefully from your neck. But it's another to see your new purchase on TV's most poorly dressed character. 

Personally, I believe the jacket is reminiscent of a Chanel tweed skirt suit. Of course, when I wear mine, it will not be layered over some brightly patterned silk blouse with a giant bow protruding out from beneath. I'll pair it with a simple tee, dark denim skinnies, and tasteful neutral heels. Check out how MTV's The City star Whitney Port styled a similar jacket and transformed the look from Ugly Betty to Total Betty.

No comments: