Friday, April 17, 2009

Trend Alert: Wooden Platform

May 2009 Elle says, "Designers are seeing the forest for the trees this season with textured wood prints and bark accessories." Elle suggests these Miu Miu solid wood heels, $680: 

First time ALIVE fashion writer Marissa Sullivan, in her April 2009 "Stylishly Yours" article (www.aliveeastbay.com), urges East Bay readers, "Ladies, if you buy one shoe this spring, make sure it's a platform or wedge sandal...I could see them being a great vacation shoe; both fashionable and functional." Marissa suggests a pair of comfortable Danskos. Unfortunately for ALIVE readers, there is no section with information to locate the advertised products.

On a recent stroll through Target, I found myself sitting on the carpet trying to choose between five pairs of Spring heels. 


I landed on the Women's Xhilaration® Tina Cut-Out Sandals in Brown. I love the butterfly wing cutout detail. I'm totally going to wear these with black (gasp!).

For only $19.99, I walked out of the store feeling totally trendy and super frugal. I've worn them twice since I bought them and I have to admit that for less than $20 heels, they are surprisingly comfortable.

Go hug a tree and grab these wooden platforms (http://tiny.cc/3sKja). Save money, show some love to our oxygen giving friends, and look totally chic. Now that's a platform I can get behind.

No comments: