Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Carrie Bradshaw Chronicles: Neck Candy Edition

My life will be complete once I collect the holy trifecta of Carrie Bradshaw necklaces. First, the gold nameplate.
Check.

Undoubtedly the most iconic necklace from Carrie Bradshaw's boudoir is her gold "Carrie" nameplate. I scooped up my own version that reads "Stella" at a street fair in Palm Springs a few years back.
Second, the tiara diamond choker. 

Check.

My latest Carrie obsession has been this beautiful little diamond necklace. It's like an upside down tiara, so it instinctively has all the glitz of royal glam. Since I spotted the gem that scored a recurring role on Sex and the City, I've been relentlessly hunting for one just like it and today, I found it!

I was birthday present shopping for two soon to be 22-year-old friends of mine in the beautiful downtown Danville when I became frustrated with the overpriced pretentious plastic goods in Ella J. I headed down the street towards a hole-in-the-wall boutique which never lets me down. This quality establishment is called the Vintage Boutique and it's overflowing with vintage brooches, rings, carpet bags, fur hats, gloves, clip on earrings, necklaces and bracelets galore. Each timeless piece has a story, each has incomparable character.

After I spotted the two most perfect gifts for my gal pals (I'll reveal those treasures after they've been gifted), a spotlight shown down from heaven and I heard the Hallelujah chorus. This beautiful vintage piece of iconic fashion history was sitting pretty atop a white necklace bust. The added gold square embellishments give me a unique take on the classic look. I've been on Cloud 9 since this afternoon. 

The best part was the price: $18. 

Vintage Boutique
130 E Prospect Ave
Danville, CA 94526
925-838-7108

Third, that elusive perfect strand of pearls. Not too cheap looking. Not the wrong white color. A good length. Plenty of personality. 

I'm on the hunt. Oh, Mikimoto...

No comments: